The Bulk SMS Manager sends a bulk message to a selection of records from a List View.
Bulk messages can be sent to any supported object in a few simple steps:
|Note - there're some limitations on sending SMS to Bulk list view. Take a look at this article to learn more.|
The Bulk SMS Manager can be accessed in the Mercury SMS application in the Bulk SMS Manager tab, and can also be added to additional lightning pages, like the Home Page for example.
1. On the Data Source tab on the Bulk SMS Manager, select the Object, Phone Field, and List View:
2. Optionally, select up to three additional fields to be displayed in the Select Recipients tab.
3. Click the Next button to move to the next step.
4. The Select Recipients tab on the Bulk SMS Manager will display all of the records matching the filter criteria in your selected List View. Check the boxes next to the recipients you'd like to send your bulk message to:
|Note - records may match the criteria of your List View even if they've opted out of receiving SMS messages. However, you won't be able to select them from the Select Recipients list.|
5. Click the Next button to move to the next step.
Compose your Message
6. The Compose Message tab on the Bulk SMS Manager is where you'll configure the message details. You can manually compose your message in the Message Content field:
A) If you have a preconfigured SMS template, you can add it to your message by clicking on Select Template and choosing from the list.
B) If you'd like to include Merge Fields in your message, just select from the Merge Field dropdown box and select the field you want to add to your message.
C) You can also add a value in the Tag field, which will tag each outbound message Task record with the Tag value and any inbound responses will also contain the same Tag value.
7. Set the Sender account field and Sender ID you'd like to use:
Finalize & Send
8. Once you've configured your message, you can finalize and send or schedule it:
A) Show Preview - this will populate merge fields to show how your message reads.
B) Highlight Special Characters - this switch will highlight any Unicode characters so you know exactly where they are if you want to remove them.
C) Character Count - character count and how many credits will be used for the message.
D) Attach file - use this button to include an image file (MMS picture message).
E) Send - send the message immediately.
F) Schedule - set your message to send at a later date/time.
Important - once a bulk message is scheduled, the recipient list will be locked. This means even though it will appear like records can be selected or de-selected from the recipient list, the message will only be sent to the recipient records selected at the time of clicking on the schedule button. If you'd like to edit the recipient list for your bulk message, we recommend cancelling the message and creating a new one with the desired recipients.