After generating a report in Salesforce, the Mercury SMS integration offers the ability to send an SMS message to all records within the new SMS for Report object.
The SMS For Report feature allows additional flexibility from the traditional "Bulk SMS" feature, such as sending a message to as many as 2 Million records across multiple objects, based on how you've segmented the report.
How to Send SMS for Reports
1. In the menu ribbon, click on SMS for Report:
2. You'll now see a list of reports (and folders) you have permission to view, select a report then click the Send SMS button:
3. Next, configure the message details. You can manually compose your message in the Message Content field:
A) If you have a preconfigured SMS template, you can add it to your message by clicking on Select Template and choosing from the list.
B) If you'd like to include Merge Fields in your message, just select from the Merge object and Merge field from the dropdowns.
4. Set the Sender account field and Sender ID you'd like to use, and make sure the correct Send to number field is selected for the recipient's - for example, mobile phone or phone:
5. Once you've configured your message, you can finalise and send it:
A) Show Preview - this will populate merge fields to show how your message reads.
B) Highlight Special Characters - this switch will highlight any Unicode characters so you know exactly where they are if you want to remove them.
C) Character Count - character count and how many credits will be used for the message.
D) Attach file - use this button to include an image file (MMS picture message).
E) Send - click to send the message immediately, you should then see a green notification at the top letting you know that the report is placed in a queue for sending the messages.
6. To check the progress of your send, click on Delivery Report over on the left and you'll be able to see:
A) Total Recipients - this is the total number of records in the report.
B) Delivered - the number of recipients to successfully receive the message.
C) Failed - the number of failed delivery attempts - this data can be useful for identifying the accuracy of your records.
D) Sending - the number of messages still in the queue to send.
7. You can also click on the Report Name to see a list of records, objects, and fields used to segment the report:
Things to Remember