To get the most out of Mercury SMS, you first need to assign permission sets, then you can add additional components and features.
Assigning Permission Sets
The following permission sets are installed with the application:
- Mercury SMS Full - assign to users requiring full access to the application, including the setup and configuration tab; this set is recommended for Salesforce administrators.
- Mercury SMS Universal License - assign to users requiring the ability to use the app in full, excluding the setup and configuration tab; recommended for non-admins.
To view and assign permission sets, follow the instructions in these Salesforce articles:
|Note - A permission set titled "Mercury SMS Non Admin" may be present; the set has been replaced by the "Mercury SMS None License" set.|
Once you've completed assigning permission sets, return to the Mercury SMS Setup & Configuration tab and continue below to add Components.
Components & Features
Adding the Message Feed
- The Message Feed provides a 2-way messaging interface and is added directly to Lightning record pages
Adding the SMS Inbox
- The SMS Inbox automatically notifies recipients of new messages and displays them as they're received. The SMS Inbox is automatically installed in the utility bar in the Mercury SMS app, but can be added to whichever standard or custom apps your users use.
The Message Feed and SMS Inbox will allow users to experience the app's core functionality of sending and receiving messages. The below articles explain how to add additional components if desired:
- Mercury SMS | Setup | Creating Custom Phone Mapping Fields
- Mercury SMS | Setup | Configuring the Send SMS Button
- Mercury SMS | Setup | SMS Opt-out
After you've added the components and features you want to use, you can assign permission sets to users.