To start sending SMS from the Zoho CRM, first you'll need to set up a new MessageMedia account (if you don't already have one) and connect it to the Zoho platform.
Setting up a new MessageMedia account
1. Head to the MessageMedia registration page.
2. Fill out the form and click Get started:
3. Once you're in the web portal, you'll need to verify the email address you used to sign up:
Connecting your MessageMedia account to Zoho CRM
1. Once you're logged into the message portal, go to Configuration then API Settings in the main menu on the left:
2. Scroll down to HMAC Authentication and click Create new key:
3. Give your new API key a label (e.g. Zoho CRM API key) and click Create key:
4. Copy the API credentials to your clipboard:
IMPORTANT: You can't reset your API secret (i.e. password) so it's important that you keep a record of this somewhere safe where it won't get deleted.
5. During the Smooth Messenger app installation process, when following the bot instructions, you will be asked if you have an existing MessageMedia account. This is where you should enter your API key and secret:
6. Follow the remaining instructions in the setup wizard to complete the connection.