You can send SMS and MMS messages when viewing a contact record, so you don't have to navigate away to a different screen.
- Go to the contact you want to send an SMS to.
- Open the righthand menu on the contact screen and scroll down to find "Most recent SMS/MM" and click Send or reply.
- Note that any prior SMS message history will appear above that button
The following window will open:
1. Select the number in the contact record you want to send your message to.
2. Select your Sender ID. The Account Default is the default sender ID you have set up on your account in the MessageMedia Hub (To learn more about sender IDs in the Hub, read this article). The options here will reflect the sender IDs you have available to you on your MessageMedia account (e.g. Dedicated numbers, Alpha Tags etc). Please note that if you are using the "Account Default" setting, any changes you make to your default sender ID in the MessageMedia Hub will be applied to this workflow.
3. If you have any templates saved in your MessageMedia account in the Hub, they will be available in a dropdown list here. Read this article for information on how to create templates in the Hub.
Important things to remember when using templates in HubSpot
- If you have templates saved in the Hub that include data fields (e.g. #firstname#) then this will be populated by the corresponding field in the HubSpot contact profile.
- If your templates in the Hub utilise any non-standard data fields (i.e. the "custom fields" in the contact profile), then these fields will not work in HubSpot as those fields do not exist in the HubSpot contact profile.
4. Write your message - the preview on the right will update in real time as you type so you can see how your message will present.
5. If your sender ID is enabled for MMS, then this option will appear in blue, otherwise it will be greyed out.
Once you are ready to send your message, scroll down to Send Message:
Attaching an image
In step 5 above, click on the upload button and select an image from your device (max 410Kb).
Your image will then appear in the preview:
Sender ID Caching
If you go to a contact record in HubSpot and click "Send SMS" on the side menu, the Sender ID that you select in the message send process will be retained and will auto-populate the next time you send an SMS from within a contact profile. This will happen for any and all contacts going forward until you change the Sender ID (whereby that new selection will be retained).
This means, for instance, that if a sales rep is using an account with several dedicated numbers available, they won't have to scroll through the list of dedicated numbers to choose the same sender ID they've been told to use every time you want to send a message to a prospect. They only need to select the appropriate sender ID once, and it will auto-populate for each SMS from then on.
Viewing SMS Activity in the Contact Timeline
Another place you can view your SMS activity for an individual contact is in their contact timeline. To learn more, head over to this article and we'll show you how.