When you're sending SMS messages as part of your workflows, it's important to keep on top of any replies by enabling notifications for inbound messages.
Select the type of notification you'd like to set up:
HubSpot In-App Notifications for Contact Owners
If you're the contact owner, you can receive HubSpot In-App notifications when a contact responds to your SMS message within HubSpot.
1. Start by creating a new Contact-based workflow:
2. Set your trigger as SMS for HubSpot: SMS received:
3. Set your workflow trigger as Occurred:
4. To start the workflow from today, set the Occurred date to is after and enter yesterday’s date, and then click Apply filter:
5. Now click Save:
6. Add an action and set it as Send in-app notification:
7. Configure the notification action as follows:
A) Send to existing owners - select Contact owner as the notification recipient.
B) Send notfication via - select In-app alert.
C) Subject - enter a relevent subject, such as SMS Received.
D) Body - create a relevent notifciation message, for example "SMS Received from..." then you can add merge fields such as Contact: First Name and Contact: Last Name.
8. Click Review.
9. Ensure that Enrolment only applies to contacts who meet the trigger criteria - for examle, contacts who have sent an SMS to you:
10. In the Re-enrolment section, click Edit and set re-enrolment to allow contacts who meet the trigger criteria to re-enrol after yesterday’s date:
Now, just turn your workflow on and you'll start receiving inbound notification messages via the notification bell in HubSpot.
|RETURN TO TOP
Email Notifications for the Message Sender
Whether your sending a direct message in HubSpot, or sending SMS messages as part of a workflow you've created, it's important to know when you receive a reply. Even if you're not the contact owner, you can still receive and email alert when a contact responds to your message so you can stay informed and swiftly respond to your customers.
To receive an automatic email notification if a contact replies to your direct message, you need to activate this feature by navigating to the Integrations page > HubSpot Tile > Settings Tab > then check the box for Receive email notifications when a contact replies via SMS.
To receive an automatic email notification for replies to a message sent as part of a workflow, you need to nominate a User to the Owner field when you configure the workflow. This means email notifications will be sent to the workflow owner upon receiving a reply from the recipient:
|RETURN TO TOP