Outbound reporting on campaigns can be a valuable tool for your business as it provides information such as message delivery and opt-out metrics, as well as open and click-through rates on any links you include in your message content. This data can help you adjust future campaigns so you get the most value for your business.
Viewing Campaign Reports
To view a list of campaigns, go to Campaigns and then Campaign Reports. Each campaign is displayed with the following details:
1. The name of the campaign - click on this to view the detailed report for that campaign.
2. The total number of recipients for that campaign.
3. A preview of the campaign's message content.
4. The send date & time for the campaign.
5. The sender ID used for the campaign.
6. The campaign status:
- Held - some campaigns are subject to review and verification to prevent spam and fraudulent activity. During this process, the campaign is in Held status until the message content is approved and then the campaign proceeds to sending.
- Sent - when a campaign sends successfully, the status will change to Sent. You can review the details by clicking on the campaign name.
- Rejected - if the message verification process deems the campaign to be spam or fraud, the campaign will be Rejected and the messages won't send.
When you click on a campaign name you can view a detailed report of your campaign. The Overview section will show you:
- The time and date it was sent.
- The sender ID from which it was sent.
- The message type (e.g. SMS, MMS).
- A preview of the message content:
- Click on View more to see the full message content that was sent.
|Note - like the message preview, if your message contained a Mobile Landing Page you'll also have the option to view this via a link in the Overview section.|
The Delivery status section contains a dashboard showing how many messages in the campaign are in each status:
These statuses are defined as follows:
- Scheduled - messages in this status are scheduled to be sent but haven't been sent yet. You can review scheduled messages by going to Campaigns and then Scheduled.
- Sending - messages in this status are currently in the process of being sent. They've been sent to the messaging gateway, but a response from the recipient's carrier hasn't been received yet.
- Sent - messages in this status have been successfully sent to the intended recipients.
- Failed - messages in this status have been passed to the gateway, but the recipient's carrier did not acknowledge the successful delivery of the message to the end recipient. Read this article for more information.
- Rejected - the message was passed to the messaging gateway but was rejected by either the gateway (typically) or the recipient's carrier. Read this article for more information.
- Stopped - the campaign was halted by the user. This may have been you, or another user on your account.
- Submitted - messages that have been passed to the gateway but are awaiting a final status.
- Delivered - messages that have been successfully delivered to the intended recipients.
|Note - the Delivery Receipts feature needs to be activated to ensure message delivery statuses are updated. This article can show you how.|
Delivery & Engagement
The section below the campaign overview and delivery status summary is the delivery & engagement summary.
The outbound tab is the main overview of the campaign report as you can easily see:
1. The name (or phone number) of each recipient included in this campaign.
2. A part preview of the outbound message.
3. The message delivery status for each recipient.
4. The date & time the campaign was sent.
You can view any replies associated with the campaign under the Inbound tab.
To send an easy reply, the Quick reply button opens the quick message panel with the recipient's contact number pre-populated:
The Opt-outs tab will display if any campaign recipients have chosen to opt-out of future SMS marketing:
You can filter for Failed messages by selecting the Undelivered tab.
Link Previews & Link Clicks
If your campaign included trackable links, the Link preview and Link clicks tabs will report on link activity.
- Link previews - the number of times a link is unfurled into a preview and viewed by each recipient on their mobile. Learn more about link previews in this article.
- Link clicks - the total number of visits to the link since the message was sent.