There are a few additional settings to make sure that Mercury SMS is configured properly for your organization.
Follow the instructions in Step 10 of the Setup & Configuration tab to adjust your settings - a detailed explanation for each additional setting can be found at the bottom of this page:
1. Trigger User Email - this setting allows you to determine whether or not you'd like to send an email to the owner of an inbound text message - this is in addition to them being assigned a Task. If you'd like Users to be notified via email, check this box and click Save.
2. Cloaking Enablement - if you've requested MessageMedia to enable the cloaking feature - which enables you to cloak an outbound message as if it were being sent from your own mobile number - then you'll need to check this box and click Save.
3. Default Task Status - the Default Task Status allows you to specify the Status value to be applied to Inbound SMS Tasks. This will determine whether or not the Task is created as an open or closed Task. The specific values available will depend on your individual customisations, but will be all values in the Task Status picklist.
4. SMS Inbox Alerts - if you're using the SMS Inbox, you can allow audio and pop-up notifications when a new inbound SMS is received for the User. When enabled, the SMS Inbox will ‘pop’ open in the Utility Bar and play an audible chime to notify the User of the inbound message. To activate inbox alerts, check this box and click Save.
5. Inbound Task Assignment - when an inbound SMS is received, Mercury SMS will create a Task to record the activity against the record it relates to, or to the Orphan Message Owner if no match can be found. The Task Assignment section allows you to specify which User should be assigned the inbound SMS Task for Leads, Contacts and Other Objects. The choices are as follows:
- Record Owner - the owner of the record will be notified.
- Last Modified By - the last User to modify the record will be notified.
- Last Message Sent - the last User to send an outbound SMS message for that record will be notified.