A dedicated number (also known as a virtual or static number) allows you to send from, and receive into, the same number. A recipient can save the number in their phone and, as a result, know who future messages are coming from.
If you have recently had dedicated number functionality enabled on your account, you can now choose your own number:
1. First, ensure you are logged in to the parent account. Click your account name in the top left-hand corner and then choose the top option, which will be the parent account.
2. Go to Settings > Numbers and Channels and scroll down to Dedicated numbers:
3. Click Add a number:
4. Give your number a nickname for easy reference, and then select the desired country and area code (if applicable). A list of available numbers should then appear - choose the one you want by clicking the radio button in the "Select" column:
Click Add dedicated number to have your selected number added to you account.
Setting your default sender ID to your dedicated number
Once your dedicated number is activated, you have the option of setting your default sender ID, so that all future messages are sent from this number unless otherwise configured during the message building process.
1. Go to Settings and then Numbers and Channels and then open the Settings tab.
2. Click on the edit icon next to Default sender ID:
2. Select your dedicated number from the resulting drop-down menu and click Save
The Sender ID will now be set to your dedicated number by default whenever you start to create a new message. You can change this to an alternative sender ID for individual messages if preferred by selecting a sender ID from the list at the top of the New Campaign page: