Mega Merge allows you to use data from multiple modules in Zoho CRM to populate merge fields for templated SMS messages and automated SMS workflows.
For example, if you're sending a templated message from the Deals module to alert a customer that their order has shipped, you can use a merge field to pull the customer's name from the Contacts module, as well as a merge field to pull the expected delivery date from the Deals module.
Using Mega Merge in Templated Messages
1. To use Mega Merge in manual messages, begin by opening the template editor and clicking on Send Smooth Message:
2. Then choose Add New Template:
Now you can start adding merge fields, for example the contact's first name and the delivery date.
3. To add the contact's first name, the merge field data will be pulled from the Contacts module by selecting Contact Name, then clicking on First Name:
4. For the delivery date merge field, the data will be pulled from the Deals module by selecting Current record, then clicking on Expected Delivery Date:
5. After you've added your desired merge fields and finished composing your message, just click the Add button and your template is good to go:
Using Mega Merge in Automated SMS Workflows
A similar process applies for Automated SMS Messages.
When you're configuring your SMS workflow, you can easily select a merge field by using the dropdown menus above the message template window: