Contact syncing is the one-way automatic syncing of contact information from Zoho CRM to MessageMedia. Once you've set up the SMS for Zoho CRM integration, the MessageMedia Hub can then retrieve the names and phone numbers of your Zoho contacts and they'll be saved in your Hub contacts list with a "Zoho" metadata label, differentiating them from your other Hub contacts.
To activate contact sync between the SMS for Zoho CRM app and the Hub, you need to configure the feature in two places:
Step 1 | Configure Contact Sync in Zoho CRM
After you've installed the SMS for Zoho CRM app, you can configure the settings to sync your Zoho CRM contacts with the Hub.
1. Log into your Zoho CRM dashboard and click on Marketplace.
2. Select the Installed tab and find the Smooth Messenger app.
3. Click on Configure:
4. Scroll down and click on the Advanced Settings heading to expand the setting options.
5. Locate the option for Sync contacts to MessageMedia Hub and check the box for Yes please.
6. Don't forget to click Save:
Step 2 | Configure Contact Sync in Smooth Messenger Mobile App
Now that the feature is activated for the SMS for Zoho CRM app, you need to configure the Smooth Messenger Mobile App to trigger the automatic ongoing contact sync.
1. Open sync.smooth.tel on your web browser.
2. Login using your organisation's Zoho CRM credentials.
A) If you have more than one organisation in your Zoho CRM, check the box for the one you'd like to connect to the mobile app.
B) Then click on Submit:
3. Now click on Accept to grant access, and your contacts will start syncing to the Hub:
All done! You only need to connect the mobile app once, and now your contacts will automatically sync in the background periodically.
|RETURN TO TOP|