We're now showing link clicks in a contact's timeline, including which link they clicked and how many times they clicked it.
Here's an example:
You can also use this value to trigger workflows.
Say for example you wanted your sales team to follow-up with every customer who clicks on a link in an SMS campaign you send out. You can create a workflow that adds contacts to a separate list whenever they click on a link in your messages.
Here's how to set it up:
Before starting the process below, you'll need to have first created a static list that will be used in this workflow.
1. Create a new contact-based workflow, and set your trigger up using "SMS for HubSpot: SMS Link Click"
2. Select "Click URL" from the next list
3. Enter the URL you wish to track link clicks for
Note: in the above image, we're tracking clicks to one specific URL by using the "is equal to" parameter. If you want to trigger the workflow off clicks to a range of URLs, you can use the "contains any of" option.
If you want to trigger this workflow based on a minimum number of clicks to a URL, follow steps 4, 5 and 6. Otherwise, go to step 7.
4. Click OR
5. Select "Number of Link Clicks" from the list
6. Here, you can set a parameter to decide when your workflow triggers. For example, you might only want to see if a contact clicks a link more than a certain number of times.
In this example, we want the workflow to trigger if the contact clicks the link twice.
7. Apply the filter and click Save
8. Add a new action, selecting "Add to static list" from the options list
9. Select the static list that you created before starting this process (as called out at the start of these instructions). Ours is called "Demo List":
10. Click Save, and then Review and Publish
11. Click Edit in the Re-enrollment section
12. Ensure both options are ticked, then click Save
13. Activate your workflow.
What happens next?
- When a contact clicks on a link in any of your messages (as per the workflow parameters), they'll be added to the static list.
- Their activity timeline will be updated with the link click information as shown at the top of this article.