Let's say you want to automatically add the content of the last SMS received from a contact to another object associated with them. The "Last message received content" property will always update with the content of the most recent SMS received from that contact. This means that unless you set your workflow re-enrollment parameters accordingly (when reviewing your workflow before publishing), the target object will also be updated whenever a new message is received.
Here's how to do it
As an example, let's say you want to update the description of a customer support ticket with the content of the last SMS they sent in...
1. Start by creating a new customer workflow.
2. As your enrollment rigger, select SMS for HubSpot: SMS Received:
3. Select Date received, then is after, then select the current date and hit Apply filter, then Save:
4. Add a new action, and select Copy property value from the Property management section:
5. In the Property or value to copy from field, choose Last message received content:
6. For this example, the Target object should be Ticket, and the Association to object should be All tickets, and in the Property to copy to field, choose Ticket description:
8. Hit Save, and don't forget to review your workflow before activating it.
Now the most recent SMS sent by a contact will be added to the description of the ticket currently logged against their profile.
Note - for this specific example, you'd want to set the re-enrollment parameters to prevent the workflow from running more than once for this contact. Otherwise, any subsequent messages they send will overwrite the ticket description.