Are you sure all your messages from your last SMS campaign went through? Well, one way to stay across this is to create a workflow that triggers in-app notifications based on delivery status - like, when a message fails.
1. Start by creating a new Contact-based workflow.
2. For your enrollment trigger, select SMS for HubSpot: SMS Sent
3. As the trigger option, select Delivery Status:
4. As your parameter, select "contains any of" and enter "failed" to reflect a failed message delivery, then click Apply filter and then Save:
5. Add a new action, and select "Send in-app notification"
6. Choose the recipients this notification needs to go to (i.e. who needs to know the message has failed). In this case, we'll use Existing Owners.
Specifically, we'll use the Contact owner:
7. Give your notification a subject and create the content. For message failure alerts, it's a good idea to include the contact name and mobile number the message was sent to so that the recipient knows exactly what to check.
Save your action, then click Review & Publish to review your flow.
As the Enrollment option, choose to enroll existing contacts who meet the trigger requirements
Under Re-enrollment, click Edit and ensure that both options are ticked. This will ensure that contacts will go through your workflow every time a message fails for them, as opposed to just once.
Turn on your workflow.
Now, whenever a message fails with the delivery status of Rejected, an in-app notification will be sent to the contact owner telling them so.
The various message statuses and their meanings can be found here. For information on why messages may be failing, read this article.