If you have multiple Sender IDs on your Hub account, you can nominate a specific Sender ID for a NetSuite workflow.
Adding a Sender ID to a Workflow
It's super easy to choose a specific Sender ID for a workflow. Start by creating your workflow as normal, then you just need to add the Sender ID to the workflow triggers as the final step.
From the Workflow Action window, scroll down to Parameters, and under the Field heading, click on a new row and select Sender ID from the list:
Under the Selection heading, click the arrows in the empty field and click on List:
Then select the Sender ID you'd like to assign to the workflow and click OK:
Now click Save and your workflow is good to go.
Edit a Workflow Sender ID
To change the nominated Sender ID for a workflow, go to Customization > Workflows and select the workflow you want to edit:
1. Click the Edit button.
2. Click on the workflow.
3. Click on Create Record.
From the Workflow Action window, scroll down to Parameters and under the Selection heading, click on the arrows next to the Sender ID you'd like to change, and click on List:
Now select a new Sender ID from the list and click the OK button:
Then click Save and you're done.
- NetSuite retrieves your Sender ID from the MessageMedia Hub during a sync event:
- Scheduled Sync - a scheduled script runs every day at 1 AM for each relevant time zone (AEDT, NZDT, GMT, or PDT).
- Automatic Sync - NetSuite will automatically sync with the Hub during any upgrade, and at the time of installation.
- Manual Sync - there's a Sync Sender ID button (under MessageMedia SMS > Preferences > MessageMedia - Preferences) that you can use at any time to perform a manual sync.
- Your Sender ID will display as it is configured in the Hub, so either:
- Dedicated Number and the label - which is the phone number and the name the phone number has in the Hub.
- Just the dedicated number.
- An Alpha Tag - excluding USA, CA, and NZ
- If you have multiple Sender IDs, they'll all work with workflows so you can have different IDs for different workflows.
- If you haven't set up any Sender IDs in the Hub, your workflows will just use your default number.
- If you delete a Sender ID in the Hub, any NetSuite workflows specifically using that Sender ID will fail to trigger and will result in an error message and no record of the transaction. When the two platforms are synced, the deleted Sender ID will appear in red with a cross next to it, and the status will be updated to Deleted and you'll have to edit your workflow to include an active Sender ID:
If the Sender ID isn't assigned to any workflows, the deleted ID will just be removed from NetSuite during the next sync event.