Here at MessageMedia, we're always striving to deliver you the best experience possible when using our products. So you can stay in the loop on all the tweaks and improvements we're working on in the background, take a look below...
19th January 2023
2023 Release Notes:
Version - 5.1.0
Release Notification | 19 January 2023
Here's an overview of everything that's included in this update:
- Sender IDs
Now you have the ability to select a Sender ID when sending Single SMS, Batch SMS, and from Conversations. The Sender ID will be pulled from the MessageMedia Hub, and it will be displayed as a phone number and label:
This label can be changed by going to Account Settings in the MessageMedia Hub. If you have any queries please speak to your sales representative.
When sending any message - Single SMS, Batch SMS, and Conversations - the Sender ID will be saved in the generic SMS record:
- What does the Sender ID look like?
It'll be the same phone number and name in the Hub.
- Can you update the name within NetSuite?
No, not at this stage.
- What happens if there is no Sender ID?
Messaging will behave as it did before, whereby the MessageMedia Hub chooses the default Sender ID.
- Will there be a Sender ID selected by default in single SMS, batch SMS, conversations, and workflows, or does the customer need to select it?
The default Sender ID that would be selected is the default Sender ID that was set in their Hub account, but if using a shared number the default will be left blank.
- Do I need to configure anything to set up Sender ID?
No need to configure a thing, the integration just pulls the number you have directly from the Hub. As long as the Sender IDs in your MessageMedia account are verified, you're good to go.
- What happens with individual API credentials that are set up in NetSuite?
The hierarchy to retrieving the API credential is: Individual, then global. If there's an individual API credential for that user, we'll use that to retrieve the sender list.
- Is Sender ID a required field in Batch SMS and if not does it just select the default?
It’s not required. it will just use whatever is selected on the drop-down.
- Is there a page where a list will show all Sender IDs or is it just a drop-down when I go to select Sender ID?
For single SMS, Batch and conversations we pull these numbers directly from the MessageMedia Hub, we do not save it to NetSuite, you can only see the list through the dropdown or on their hub account
- Does that mean with single SMS, batch SMS, and conversations, there's a call to the hub every time a message is sent?
Every time the customer opens the window to write a message, we will call the Sender ID list.
- You can now create a recurring batch SMS when your saved search has zero recipients.
- When a Batch SMS is finished (with or without error), its status has been updated to Finished or Recurring rather than Stuck in Queued.
- Removal of line break at the beginning and end of messages that was occurring for some Batch SMS – line breaks appeared only on some phones, depending on the messages app that the phone was using.
- Improved error logging for Batch SMS.
- Phone number validation improvement:
- Have resolved where some US Customers have recipient phone numbers in a format that starts with 64 (e.g. 646-658-7370). The platform would then recognize that number as an invalid international phone number, so the script takes the default country code preference (usually US) so that it knows to add a +1 and the message is successfully sent to +1 646-658-7370.
- Originally the validation would occur at the first step and validate that number as a valid New Zealand number (e.g. +646-658-7370).
- We have now changed the flow so that the script validates the number with the default preference in the first step using the MessageMedia preference or recipient address to determine that a +1 needed to be added.
- Removal of the “is recurring active” checkbox under Recurring Options as this is managed under Recurring SMS Job.