Templates help you save time, stay consistent with your messaging, and reduce the risk of typos if you're frequently sending the same type of messages to multiple contacts (e.g. appointment reminders).
Here's how to set them up:
1. Access the SMS for Dynamics app and click Templates in the navigation pane:
2. From the Templates page, you can create a new template:
There's no limit to the amount of templates you can create.
3. Once you’ve clicked New, you need to include:
- Name – for example, ‘Appointment reminder’
- Category - are you sending this template to Accounts, Contacts, Leads or Users? This needs to be selected due to personalisation
- Message - your message content - for example, ‘Hi, you have an appointment...blah blah blah’
In the message content box, you can add personalisation, such as the recipient’s first name or company name.
There's a character counter underneath the message box so you can see how long your template is. It's important to note that the character counter can be inaccurate after adding in message personalisation (because the counter can't predict the number of characters in the value the personalisation field gets populated with in your message).
4. Once your template is finished, click the Save & Close button.
5. To edit or delete an existing template, just check the box next to the template name, and then select Edit or Delete:
Remember - if you're having a clean-out and deleting templates, just make sure there are no workflows still using them before you delete them.