One of the most powerful uses of SMS for any eCommerce platform is abandoned cart recovery, and BigCommerce is no exception. Once you've connected your MessageMedia and BigCommerce accounts, you can create an abandoned cart campaign.
1. Start by logging in to the MessageMedia Hub and go to Automations, then New Abandoned Cart SMS:
2. Give your SMS a Name so you can easily identify it later when you're running reports:
3. Next, set the delay (days, hours, and minutes) - this is the amount of time between the customer abandoning their cart and the SMS being sent:
Note - if the customer recovers the cart before the delay time elapses, the SMS won't be sent.
4. Now, write your message in the Message content field. You can either select a template from the templates dropdown, or write your message from scratch. To ensure a strong message, you should include all of the merge tags suggested in the message strength meter, and include an ‘unsubscribe’ option:
5. Clicking Add another SMS will add another SMS action to the automation (for instance, the first SMS could go out with a 15-minute delay, and then the second SMS could delay an additional day before sending to any shoppers that have still not recovered their abandoned cart). You can choose up to 5 SMS actions:
Note - you can delete an SMS from the automation by clicking on Remove SMS at the bottom.
6. Once you're happy with your SMS Automation, click Publish in the bottom right to launch it.