Learn how to send an automated message for the Tasks, Meeting and Calls module, just follow the steps below...
1. Use the cog icon to open the Settings page for Zoho CRM.
2. Locate the Automation tile and click on Workflow Rules:
3. Click on Create Rule:
A) Module - use the dropdown box to select a Module where this workflow is to take effect, for example Meetings.
B) Rule Name - set a Rule Name, for example Trigger SMS for Meeting.
C) Description - this field is optional.
D) Then click on Next.
5. Now choose when you want to execute the rule. In this example we want to trigger an SMS when a new Meeting is created, so we'll select On a record action, and Create.
6. Then click on Next:
7. Now you need to decide if you want to include any Conditions to the workflow, for example, here we've chosen to apply the rule to All Meetings.
8. Then click Next:
9. Instant Actions will now appear underneath. Click it and select Send Smooth SMS from the dropdown:
10. Now you can start configuring your SMS workflow:
A) SMS Description - we've called our message Meeting Details SMS.
B) Reply Notification - by default, this field will populate with Owner of each record. Use the dropdown to select Me if you (the user creating the workflow) would like to receive all reply notifications.
C) From Number - by default, this field will populate with Record Owner's Numbers. Use the dropdown to select a different sender ID number to send your message.
D) Recipient Number - by default, this field will populate with All Possible Numbers. Click on the X to remove the nominated option, then use the dropdown to select which record number field to use, for example "Mobile".
E) Record to Link to - this field is used to link workflow activity (and subsequent recipient replies) to the assigned record owner. Use the dropdown to confirm Send To User and the below field will automatically populate with #Owner.Id.
F) Message Template Window - this is where you create your message. You can use the # to insert a merge field and personalise your message, here we've included the meeting location and check-in time.
G) Skip Duplicate Check - by default, duplicate messages are blocked from being sent to the same number. Keep this box unchecked to continue blocking duplicate messages.
H) Skip Reschedule Check - a reschedule check is a setting that holds a message from being automatically sent outside a predetermined time frame, for example outside business hours. Checking this box means that if the workflow is triggered outside business hours, the message will send, which isn't ideal if this happens at 3am. Keep this box unchecked to ensure this doesn't happen.
I) Save your workflow configuration.
11. Give the Instant Action a name and click Save and Associate:
12. To activate your workflow, click Save in the bottom left corner: