Learn how to send an automated message for the Tasks, Meeting and Calls module, just follow the steps below...
1. Start in the Zoho CRM, and in the menu ribbon at the top, find the Settings cog icon in the top right and click it. Then look for the Automation tile and click on Workflow Rules:
2. Click on Create Rule over on the right:
- Module - use the dropdown box to select a Module where this workflow to take effect, for example Meetings.
- Rule Name - set a Rule Name, for example Trigger SMS for Meeting.
- Description - this field it optional.
Then click on Next:
4. Choose when you want to execute the rule. In this example we want to trigger an SMS when a new meeting is created, so we'll select On a record action, then Create.
Then click on Next:
5. Now you need to decide if you want to include any Conditions to the workflow, for example, here we've chosen to apply the rule to All Meetings.
Then click Next:
6. After you've set the Conditions and clicked Next, Instant Actions will appear underneath, click it and select Create Record from the dropdown:
7. When the Create Record window pops up, use the dropdown menu to find and select Smooth Messages:
8. Now the fun begins! You can start building your SMS workflow:
- 1) Message Name - we've called our message Meeting Details SMS.
- 2) Message Owner - use the dropdown box to select Reference.
- 3) Meeting Host - when you click in the neighbouring field you'll have the option to assign a Meeting Host. This means that the assigned host of the meeting will be notified of any message activity, for example when a reply is received.
- 4) Plus Symbol - to add additional rule fields to configure, just click on any of the plus symbols. If you accidentally add too many, you can use the minus symbol to remove them.
- 5) Activity ID - use the dropdown arrow to select Activity ID, and enter # and Meeting ID in the neighbouring field.
- 6) Activity Type - you can select Task, Meeting, or Call from the dropdown, here we've chosen Meeting.
- 7) Message - here is where you create your message. Don't forget, you can use the # to insert merge field and personalise your message, here we've included the meeting location and check-in time.
- 8) Trigger Send via Workflow - for the last rule, use the dropdown arrow to select Trigger Send via Workflow, and make sure you check the box or the workflow wont send properly.
- 9) Don't forget to click Save!
9. To finish setting up your workflow, make sure you click Save in the bottom left corner so you don't lose all that hard work! But don't worry, if you do try to navigate away from the page before you've clicked save, an alert will pop up to let you know - phew!