To start sending SMS from Zoho CRM, you'll first need to set up a new Sinch MessageMedia account (if you don't already have one) and connect it to the Zoho platform.
Setting up a new Sinch MessageMedia account
1. Head to the Sinch MessageMedia registration page.
2. Fill out the form and click Get started:
3. Make sure you log into your email account as you'll need to verify the email address you used to sign up.
4. Now log back into the Hub to connect your MessageMedia account to Zoho CRM.
Connecting your Sinch MessageMedia account to Zoho CRM
1. To create new HMAC API Credentials, go to the menu and click on the icon and select API Settings.
2. Then select the API tab.
3. Find where it says HMAC Authentication, and click on Create new key:
4. In the resulting modal, provide a descriptive name (e.g. Zoho CRM API key) and click Create Key:
5. Once your API Credentials have been created, you'll see this confirmation. Copy the credentials to the clipboard then click Ok:
|Important - This is the only time the Hub will display the API Secret, so if you're not planning to use it right away, we recommend saving it somewhere you can find it later. If you lose the API Secret, you'll need to create a new key/secret pair.
6. During the Smooth Messenger app installation process, when following the bot instructions, you'll be asked if you have an existing MessageMedia account. This is where you should enter your API key and secret:
7. Follow the remaining instructions in the setup wizard to complete the connection.