To start sending SMS from Zoho CRM, you'll first need to set up a new MessageMedia account (if you don't already have one) and connect it to the Zoho platform.
Setting up a new MessageMedia account
1. Head to the MessageMedia registration page.
2. Fill out the form and click Get started:
3. Make sure you log into your email account as you'll need to verify the email address you used to sign up.
4. Now log back into the Hub to connect your MessageMedia account to Zoho CRM.
Connecting your MessageMedia account to Zoho CRM
1. In the Hub menu, navigate to Settings.
2. Then API Settings.
3. Make sure you're on the API tab.
4. Scroll down, and under HMAC Authentication click Create new key:
5. Give your new API key a label (e.g. Zoho CRM API key) and click Create key:
6. Copy the API credentials to your clipboard:
|IMPORTANT - You can't reset your API secret (i.e. password) so it's important that you keep a record of this somewhere safe where it won't get deleted.|
7. During the Smooth Messenger app installation process, when following the bot instructions, you'll be asked if you have an existing MessageMedia account. This is where you should enter your API key and secret:
8. Follow the remaining instructions in the setup wizard to complete the connection.