It's possible to automate synchronisation between contact databases in your HubSpot and MessageMedia accounts. It's easy to do, and means that your contact information in your MessageMedia account is always up to date with any changes being driven by HubSpot. It also means that any messages (both outbound and inbound) that are sent or received via the MessageMedia web portal will appear in the contact's timeline in HubSpot.
There are separate instructions depending on whether you're setting up a new HubSpot connection or adding contact synchronisation to an existing connection:
If you're setting up your HubSpot connection for the first time
1. While configuring the initial connection with HubSpot, select the checkbox that enables contact synchronisation:
2. Select the phone number field that you're using in HubSpot to store the mobile phone numbers of your contacts. MessageMedia will use this field to map the HubSpot customer phone number to the phone number in the contact profile in the MessageMedia web portal.
3. You should see this message once the connection is successfully completed:
Adding contact sync to an existing HubSpot connection
1. In the MessageMedia web portal, go to the Integrations page and click on the HubSpot item
2. Check the box next to Sync my contacts from HubSpot to MessageMedia, and select the appropriate phone number field for MessageMedia to draw mobile numbers from in HubSpot
Once you have successfully set up contact sync, you can begin to utilise it when sending broadcasts from the MessageMedia web portal and trigger manual synchronisation.