It's possible to automate synchronisation between contact databases in your HubSpot and MessageMedia accounts. It's easy to do, and means that your contact information in your MessageMedia account is always up to date with any changes being driven by HubSpot. It also means that any messages (both outbound and inbound) that are sent or received via the MessageMedia web portal will appear in the contact's timeline in HubSpot.
There are separate instructions depending on whether you're setting up a new HubSpot connection or adding contact synchronisation to an existing connection:
If you're setting up your HubSpot connection for the first time
1. While configuring the initial connection with HubSpot, select the checkbox that enables contact synchronisation:
2. Select the phone number field that you're using in HubSpot to store the mobile phone numbers of your contacts. MessageMedia will use this field to map the HubSpot customer phone number to the phone number in the contact profile in the MessageMedia web portal.
3. You should see this message once the connection is successfully completed:
Adding contact sync to an existing HubSpot connection
1. In the MessageMedia web portal, go to the Integrations page and click on the HubSpot item
2. Click on the Settings tab in the summary box:
3. Check the box next to Sync my contacts from HubSpot to MessageMedia, and select the appropriate phone number field for MessageMedia to draw mobile numbers from in HubSpot
Once you have successfully set up contact sync, you can begin to utilise it when sending broadcasts from the MessageMedia web portal and trigger manual synchronisation.
When phone numbers are entered into HubSpot that do not include a country code, the MessageMedia app checks two locations based on priority to attempt to correctly assign a country code prior to any messages being sent to that number.
Priority 1: Country/Region property of the contact
The country/region property needs to be populated using "2 letter ISO" format (e.g. "AU", "NZ", "US" etc.). You can see a full list of these codes here.
Priority 2: Default sending country of your MessageMedia profile
If the country/region field is empty in the HubSpot contact profile, we turn to the default sending country that appears in your MessageMedia profile in the web portal:
To avoid any unintentional errors when sending messages, make sure you either:
a) Include a country code in the phone number of every one of your contacts in HubSpot.
b) Select an appropriate country/region in each contact profile in HubSpot.
c) Make sure the default sending country in your MessageMedia profile is populated (Note - if you are sending to contacts across multiple regions/countries then this is not sufficient as a standalone measure).