Field Update keywords update record fields when a specific keyword is received.
Inbound SMS messages with the specified value will trigger a field update with either a predetermined value specified on the keyword action or a value contained in the inbound SMS. For a list of supported field types, see this article.
To create a Field Update Keyword Action, follow these steps:
1. Go to the "SMS Keywords" tab in the Mercury SMS app and click the "New" button:
2. In the pop-up window, select the "Field Update" record type, then click "Next."
3. Complete the Keyword details as follows:
The keyword that will invoke the action.
The API name of the object to be updated. If left blank the update will apply to records on all objects that contain a field with the same name.Lead
The API name of the field to be updated.
The value to be applied to the field. If left blank, the field will be updated from information in the inbound SMS.
4. Click "Save."
5. Test your Keyword – Send an inbound SMS containing the Keyword and confirm the desired field is updated.
|Important - If the field has not been updated see Field Update Considerations for possible causes.
6. Your Keyword is ready to use!