The inbound SMS triggers a field update, either with a predetermined value specified on the keyword action, or with a value contained in the inbound SMS. The field update actions supports the following field types on any Salesforce object:
- Text Area
- Single Picklist
- Multi Picklist
To create a Field Update Keyword Action, follow these steps:
1. Go to the ‘SMS Keywords’ tab in the Mercury SMS app and click the New button:
2. Select the ‘Field Update’ record type and then click ‘Continue’
3. Complete the Keyword details as follows:
|Keyword Name||The keyword that will invoke the action.|
|Please note: The keyword must not contain spaces and it must be the first word in the message string in order to trigger the action.|
|Object||The API name of the object to be updated. If left blank the update will apply to records on all objects that contain a field with the same name.||Lead|
|Field||The API name of the field to be updated.|
|Value||The value to be applied to the field. If left blank, the field will be updated from information in the inbound SMS.|
4. Save your keyword
5. Test your Keyword – Send an inbound SMS containing the Keyword and confirm that the field gets updated. If the field has not been updated it will either be because the mercury SMS Site Guest user does not have access to edit the field, or validation rules, processes or triggers are firing and preventing or changing the values. You will need to review and adjust all validations, workflow rules, processes and triggers before implementing field updates.
6. Your Keyword is ready to use!