Lead keywords create a lead when a specific keyword is received.
- A new lead will be created even if an existing lead or contact with a matching phone number exists.
- The assignment of the lead is determined by active lead Assignment Rules.
- If there are active rules, but no match is found, the Default Leader Owner is assigned.
- If no rules exist, the Mercury Site Guest User will be assigned as the Lead Owner.
To create a Lead Keyword Action, follow these steps:
1. Go to the "SMS Keywords" tab in the Mercury SMS app and click the "New" button:
2. In the pop-up window, select the "Lead" record type, then click "Next."
3. Complete the Keyword details as follows:
The keyword that will invoke the action.
The status to apply to the Lead.
A placeholder name to allow the Lead to be created.
A placeholder company to allow the Lead to be created.
4. Click "Save."
5. Test your Keyword – Send an inbound SMS containing the Keyword and confirm a Lead is created.
|NOTE: If the Lead has not been created but the inbound SMS activity has been received, there are probably validations preventing the lead from being created. In this case you will need to exclude the validation rules from firing when the Last Name on the Lead equals your placeholder name. For more information on validation rules, see this Salesforce article.|
6. Your Keyword is ready to use!
NOTE: In the case of Lead Keywords, we suggest you promote your keyword by asking for the Keyword followed by Full Name, Email and Address to allow you to populate further information on your lead record. This will need to be entered manually from the information received in the inbound SMS activity.
To subscribe, SMS #SignMeUp followed by your full name, address and email to 1300 446 133.Alternatively, you could send subsequent outbound messages asking for this information individually and perform "Field Update" SMS Keywords, which will update the appropriate field on the record.