When sending outbound messages from Mercury SMS there are several options to choose from, which include:
- Sending a message to an individual
- Sending a bulk SMS to Campaign Members
- Sending a bulk SMS to a List View
- Sending a message automatically via a Workflow Rule, Process Builder, etc.
All outbound SMS messages, whether ad-hoc or SMS Template, support Merge Fields. A message can merge fields from the Object record, Owner or Sending User.
When an outbound SMS message is sent, an Activity record (e.g. Salesforce Task) is created with a Subject of ‘SMS: Sent’ and the Description field will contain the SMS message.
You can send outbound SMS messages from any Standard or Custom Object within Salesforce that has access to any of the following field types:
- Phone Field
- Text Field that contains the word ‘phone’ in the Name
- Formula Field that contains the word ‘phone’ in the Name
Note - For Text and Formula Fields, the ‘phone’ string is case insensitive, so both ‘Phone’ and ‘phone’ are supported.