When sending messages that include a URL link, the link click reporting feature allows you to view how many times the link was clicked, and by which individual recipient.
Once the Short Trackable links feature has been enabled on your MessageMedia account, you can track link clicks from messages sent from your HubSpot workflows.
Important - reporting on URL clicks requires the "Short Trackable Links" feature to be turned on for your MessageMedia account. Short Trackable Links is a feature that automatically shortens any URL to just 22 characters, saving you valuable space in your SMS messages and helping you to keep costs down when sending web addresses in your messages. To read more about Short Trackable links, as well as to see instructions on how to activate or deactivate the feature, read this article.
You can view your campaign link clicks from both the MessageMedia Hub and the HubSpot platform, based on your usage preferences.
Reporting on Link Clicks in HubSpot
Link Clicks by URL
The reporting function in HubSpot allows you to filter using a specific URL so you can report on how many recipients clicked on the link.
1. In the menu ribbon, click Reports and select Reports from the dropdown.
2. Then click Create Report:
3. Click the Single Object tile:
4. Select the Contacts object, then hit Next.
5. Now click Filters, and Add Filter:
6. Search for the contact property List of links click by contact.
7. Select contains exactly, then enter your campaign URL and click Apply Filter:
8. Click on the Create date filter to set the date property.
9. Select is all time and hit Update filter.
10. Now hit Hide Filters:
11. Next click on Add Contact Property.
12. Search and add First name.
13. Search and add the Phone number field you use for your contact records:
14. Click in the Custom Contacts Report field at the top and give your report a Name, then click Next:
15. Select Table as the Chart Type.
16. Use the dropdown to select Unsummarized data table
17. Now hit Save:
18. so you can easily access your report, you can add it to your HubSpot dashboard. To do this, select Add to existing dashboard and choose your dashboard from the list, then click Save & add
19. All done. You should now be able to see your report in the list on the reports page and your user dashboard, so you can access it at any time:
|BACK TO TOP
Reporting on Campaign Link Clicks in the MessageMedia Hub
Link Clicks by Campaign
The Campaign Reporting function in the Hub allows you to view how many times the campaign link has been clicked and by which recipients.
1. Before you can view your campaign link clicks in the MessageMedia Hub, you need to make sure you insert a campaign name into the Workflow ID field in the Send SMS action:
2. To view the campaign link clicks, log into your associated MessageMedia Hub Account.
3. Then go to Campaigns, and select Campaign Reports.
4. Now click on the Campaign Name you want to view:
5. If your campaign included trackable links, the Link clicks tab will show you how many unique visits to your page have occurred, along with which individual recipients did or did not visit your page:
|BACK TO TOP