You can send SMS messages when viewing a contact record, so you don't have to navigate away to a different screen.
- Go to the contact to whom you would like to send an SMS
- Open the righthand menu on the contact screen and scroll down to find 'Single SMS' powered by MessageMedia > Click Send SMS
- Note that any prior SMS message history will appear above the Send SMS button
The following window will open:
1. Select the number in the contact record to which you want to send your message
2. Select your Sender ID. Select your Sender ID. The Account Default is the default sender ID you have set up on your account in the MessageMedia web portal (To learn more about sender IDs in the web portal, read this article). The options here will reflect the sender IDs you have available to you on your MessageMedia account (e.g. Dedicated numbers, Alpha Tags etc.) Please note that if you are using the "Account Default" setting, any changes you make to your default sender ID in the MessageMedia web portal will be reflected in this workflow.
3. If you have any templates saved in your MessageMedia account in the web portal, they will be available in a dropdown list here. Read this article for information on how to create templates in the web portal.
Important things to remember when using templates in HubSpot
- If you have templates saved in the web portal that include data fields (e.g. #firstname#) then this will be populated by the corresponding field in the HubSpot contact profile.
- If your templates in the web portal utilise any non-standard data fields (i.e. the "custom fields" in the contact profile), then these fields will not work in HubSpot as those fields do not exist in the HubSpot contact profile.
4. Write your message - the preview on the right will update in real time as you type so you can see how your message will present
5. Click Send Message
Sender ID Caching
If you go to a contact record in HubSpot and click "Send SMS" on the side menu, the Sender ID that you select in the message send process will be retained and will auto-populate the next time you send an SMS from within a contact profile. This will happen for any and all contacts going forward until you change the Sender ID (whereby that new selection will be retained).
This means, for instance, that if a sales rep is using an account with several dedicated numbers available, they won't have to scroll through the list of dedicated numbers to choose the same sender ID they've been told to use every time you want to send a message to a prospect. They only need to select the appropriate sender ID once, and it will auto-populate for each SMS from then on.