Case Keywords create cases when a specific keyword is received.
The behaviour of the keyword action depends on whether the inbound message is matched to an existing record and case assignment rules:
- If the inbound message is matched to an existing Contact, the Case will be related to the Contact and their Account.
- The case is assigned according to active case Assignment Rules.
- If there are active rules, but no match is found, the Default Case Owner is assigned.
- If no active assignment rules exist, the Mercury Site Guest User will be assigned as the Case Owner.
How to Create a Case Keyword Action
1. Go to the SMS Keywords tab in the Mercury SMS app and click the New button:
2. In the pop-up window, select the Case record type, then click Next:
3. Complete the Keyword details as follows:
|Keyword Name||The keyword that will invoke the action.|
|Case Status||The status to apply to the Case.|
|Case Origin||The value to set as the Case Origin.|
4. Click Save:
5. Test your Keyword – send an inbound SMS containing the Keyword and confirm that a Case is created.
Note - if a Case is not created, but the inbound SMS message has been received, there could be validation rules preventing the Case from being created. In this instance, you'll need to exclude the validation rules from firing based on the specific Case and any field values being applied by the keyword. For more information on validation rules, see this Salesforce article.
6. Your Keyword is ready to use!
Note - For Cases, we suggest you promote your keyword by asking for the Keyword followed by the subject of the issue. This will need to be entered manually from the information received in the inbound SMS activity.
Example: "For support please text HelpDesk followed by the subject of the issue to 1 (800) 555-1234."