This keyword action will create a new case when the inbound SMS is received. If the inbound message is identified as relating to an existing Contact, the Case will be related to the Contact and their Account. The Case Assignment is managed using active Assignment Rules. If there are active rules, but no match is found, the Default Case Owner is assigned. If no rules exist, the Mercury Site Guest User will be assigned as the Case Owner.
To create a Case Keyword Action, follow these steps:
1. Go to the ‘SMS Keywords’ tab in the Mercury SMS app and click the New button:
2. Select the ‘Case’ record type and then click ‘Continue’
3. Complete the Keyword details as follows:
|Keyword Name||The keyword that will invoke the action.||HelpDesk|
|Please note: The keyword must not contain spaces and it must be the first word in the message string in order to trigger the action.|
|Case Status||The status to apply to the Case||New|
|Case Origin||The value to set as the Case Origin||SMS|
4. Save your keyword
5. Test your Keyword – Send an inbound SMS containing the Keyword and confirm that the case gets created. If the Case has not been created but the inbound SMS activity has been received, there are probably validations preventing the Case from being created. In this instance you will need to exclude the validation rules from firing when the Case Origin equals your described case Origin i.e. SMS.
6. Your Keyword is ready to use!
Note: For cases, we suggest you promote your keyword by asking for the Keyword followed by the subject of the issue. This will need to be entered manually from the information received in the inbound SMS activity.
For support please SMS HelpDesk followed by the subject of the issue to 1300 446 133.