Next you need to configure a Force.com Site to enable inbound SMS functionality, and we'll do that in three parts:
Register a Force.com Domain
1. Click on the cog in the navigation ribbon and go to Setup, then select Sites from the setup menu on the left - the quickest way to do this is to type your selection into the Quick Find search box:
2. Enter [Your Company Name] into the text box and click Check Availability:
If your Domain isn't available, you'll have to choose another name such as an abbreviated or extended version of your business name.
Once you have a registered Domain, you'll be able to create a new Force.com Site.
Create a Force.com Site
1. To create a new Site, click on the New button at the bottom in the Sites section:
2. Now just configure your Site as shown below and click Save:
Granting the Site Guest User Access
Before we go through the last part, we just need to call out that the images below are based on the Enhanced Profile User Interface being enabled - you can learn how to do that here.
1. To grant the site guest user access, click on the Site Label name:
2. Click on Public Access Settings:
3. On the next screen, click Object Settings:
4. On the Object settings page, scroll down and click on SMS Events. This will take you to another page where you can confirm that the following Checkbox fields are enabled:
If these boxes are not enabled, you'll need to click Edit to be able to tick them, then click Save:
5. Click on Profile Oveview to go back to the profiles page, and then click on Apex Class Access:
6. Once on this page click Edit, then select mercury.mercuryReply from the list of Available Apex Classes and move it across to the Enabled Apex Classes column, and click Save:
7. You'll now need to adjust the Time Zone and Locale settings for the Mercury Site Guest User. Click on Profile Oveview again to go back to the profiles page, and then click on Assigned Users:
8. On the next page, click the Edit button next to Site Guest User, Mercury SMS:
9. Scroll down to Locale Settings, select the appropriate Time Zone and Locale settings, then click Save:
10. Now go back to Sites and click Activate next to your Force.com site.