When you connect your ActiveCampaign account to the MessageMedia Hub, you can easily view any replies that you receive to an SMS that has been sent as part an ActiveCampaign workflow.
To connect, you'll need to gather a few bits and pieces from your ActiveCampaign portal:
- Your Event Key and actID
- The API URL and API Key
Where to find your Event Key & actID
The first step is to log into your ActiveCampaign account. Once you're in, its super easy from there:
1. In the navigation pane on the left, go to Website.
2. Click on Site Tracking.
3. Scroll down to where is says Event Tracking.
4. Then copy and paste your Event Key to a word document or your notepad for easy retrieval.
5. And then click on Event Tracking API.
After you've clicked on Event Tracking API, copy and paste your actID with you Event Key because you'll need them both in minute:
Where to find your API URL and API Key
1. While still in the ActiveCampaign portal, go to the bottom of the navigation pane and select Settings.
2. Click on Developer.
3. In the box labelled API Access, click on the button where is says Copy API URL and paste it in the word document or notepad with your Event Key and actID.
4. Then click the button where it says Copy API Key and paste it with the rest of your bits and pieces.
Now that you've got what you need, you can connect your ActiveCampaign account with the MessageMedia Hub.
Connecting your Accounts
Log into your MessageMedia Hub account and navigate to the Integrations page, then locate the ActiveCampaign tile and click on Install Now:
In the resulting modal where it says Connect MessageMedia to ActiveCampaign, click on Connect now:
After you click on Connect now, you'll be presented with another modal detailing the integration. Once you've read through the information and understand the terms and conditions, click Next:
Now here's where you need to enter all the bits and pieces that you saved earlier from the ActiveCampaign portal:
1. Enter your actID.
2. Then your Event Key.
3. Now the API URL.
4. And finally, the API Key.
5. Now just click on Connect and you're good to go.
Note - if you need to copy the items again, we've left you a trail of breadcrumbs (in blue) under each item to help you navigate your way back.
The next step is to learn how to configure your connection so you can trigger SMS messages from your ActiveCampaign workflows, this article can show you how.