Abandoned Cart notifications are sent as an SMS to customers who place items from your store in their cart but do not complete the checkout process before leaving the site, or within a specific time frame – after which you could assume they have abandoned their cart. The aim of this notification is to remind customers they have items in their cart and to encourage them to complete their purchase.
If you're accessing the App for the first time, you can access this function by clicking on Start recovering carts in the Dashboard:
You can also click on Abandoned cart recovery in the left-hand menu, and when you're in the cart recovery dashboard, you'll see the following:
1. The total amount of potential revenue ($) currently sitting in abandoned customer carts.
2. The total amount of sales ($) that have been generated as a result of customers returning to abandoned carts and completing purchases.
3. The total cost of the SMS messages sent as part of your abandoned cart recovery campaign.
4. A list of pre-populated templates that you can use for your messages.
5. The stats relating to each message:
- Sent - the number of messages sent, accompanied by the cost of those messages.
- Clicks - the number of times a customer has clicked on the weblink in your message and returned to your store. accompanied by the percentage of clicks vs. messages.
- Orders - the volume of purchases made by customers as a result of this campaign, accompanied by the percentage of purchases vs. messages.
- Sales - the value of purchase made by customers as a result of returning to your store via the weblink in your campaign.
- ROI (Return on Investment) - the ratio of dollars spent on each campaign versus dollars made from sales, shown as a percentage, e.g. $10 spent vs. $100 earned would be 1000% ROI.
- Opt-outs - the number of recipients that have chosen to opt out of receiving SMS marketing.
- Status - whether your campaign is Active or Inactive.
To create a new notification, click on New Notification in the top right:
You can set up new abandoned cart recovery in five simple steps:
1. Give your notification a name for easy future reference (this makes tracking performance in the dashboard much easier).
2. You need to decide on the delay between the customer adding the last item to their cart and this message being sent. You can choose a delay to be either a number of minutes, hours, or days.
3. If you have any existing discount codes set up, you can select one here by clicking in the discount field and selecting the relevant code from the resulting list. If you add a discount code here, it will automatically apply to the customer's cart.
4. Write the content of the message you want to send customers. You can add personalisation to your message (including the URL to their cart and the discount code). If you manually add the discount code instead of in the field above, the customer will need to enter this during checkout. The phone preview will update in real time as you write your message.
5. When you are happy with your message and settings, you can either save this message as a draft, or publish right away.
Once you've saved or published your message, it'll appear in the dashboard along with the other templates. New inactive messages will appear at the bottom of the list, and will move to the top when published: