Sending campaigns from within the MessageMedia: SMS Marketing app is generally simpler than using the Shopify plugin as there are fewer fields to complete. This means it's a great option for sending simple campaigns to a smaller audience.
If you're accessing the App for the first time, you can access this function by clicking on Start recovering carts in the Dashboard:
You can also click on SMS campaigns in the left-hand menu, and when you're in the campaign dashboard, you'll see the following:
1. The total number of clicks generated from all SMS campaigns
2. The total amount of orders and revenue that has been generated from SMS campaigns.
3. The total cost of the SMS messages sent for all campaigns.
4. A list of pre-populated templates that you can use for your SMS campaigns.
5. The stats relating to each campaign:
- Sent - the number of messages sent, accompanied by the cost of those messages.
- Clicks - the number of times a customer has clicked on the weblink in each campaign and returned to your store.
- Checkouts - the number of checkouts created from this campaign.
- Orders - the number of purchases made by customers as a result of this campaign.
- ROI (Return on Investment) - the ratio of dollars spent on each campaign versus dollars made from sales, shown as a percentage, e.g. $10 spent vs. $100 earned would be 1000% ROI.
- Opt-outs - the number of recipients that have chosen to opt out of receiving SMS marketing.
- Status - whether your campaign is Active or Inactive.
To create a new notification, click on New Notification in the top right:
You can set up new campaign in six simple steps:
1. Give your Campaign a name for easy reference.
2. Choose your audience from a list of options in the pop-out menu - new customers, returning customers, abandoned checkouts, email subscribers, or customers from Australia.
3. Choose whether you want to send your campaign immediately, or schedule to send at a later date. You can choose a specific date and a time specific to the minute using the scheduling tool.
4. If you have a discount code set up on your profile that you want to add to this campaign, enter it here. You can create a new discount by clicking “Create new discount” at the bottom - this will take you to the Shopify discount tool.
5. Write the message you want to send to your customers about your campaign. You can add variable fields based on the columns in your customer list (e.g. first name, location etc.). The phone preview will update as you write your message.
6. When you are happy with your message and settings, you can either save this campaign as a draft, or send it right away.