The below steps are guidance on how the case assignment alert workflow was created.
Go to Customization → Workflow → Workflows → New
- Set the following parameters
1. Give your workflow a name
2. Give your workflow a unique ID, starting with "_"
3. Select "Case" as the record type
4. Select the event(s) upon which you wish the workflow to trigger
5. Select the trigger type as "After Record Submit"
6. Select the event type
7. Save the workflow
After saving the Workflow, we will set the state to create a Record in the Custom Record from which the SMS and Emails will be sent to the assigned Employee as selected preferences.
Start by double-clicking on the State box in the workflow diagram
Enter a name for this state and click Save
Re-open the state and click the New Action button
From the list of actions, select Create Record
In the Workflow Action screen, follow these steps:
1. Select the workflow ID that you created at the start of the process
2. Select the trigger as "After Record Submit"
Next, hover over the Condition field until the Open icon appears, then click on the icon
In the Workflow Condition window, select the conditions to be met in order for the workflow to trigger
Back in the Workflow Action window, set the parameters required to trigger the workflow. In the example below, the workflow will run whenever the Case is assigned to the Employee on Case Record: