When a customer or a non-customer messages/replies on MessageMedia for the first time, we have a list of actions we can perform on receiving this SMS. Only one configuration can be saved and only one action can be performed at a time if an SMS is received from a new number.
To use Inbound SMS feature, please follow these steps:
- Go to Customization → Lists, Records, & Fields → Record Types
- In the resulting list, click on MM Inbound SMS Configuration
- In the configuration screen, click on the Forms tab and select Standard MessageMedia Inbound SMS Config Form
You will then need to set your values for the following parameters:
1. Select an option for the Customer Not Found situation:
- Send Email to Email Address: On receiving an SMS from a new number, send an email to the Email ID saved in the ‘Email Address’ field.
- Send Email to Employee: On receiving an SMS from a new number, send an email to the Email ID of the employee saved in the ‘Employee’ field.
- Create A New Customer: On receiving an SMS from a new number, create a new Customer.
- Create A New Lead: On receiving an SMS from a new number, create a new Lead.
- Create A New Prospect: On receiving an SMS from a new number, create a new Prospect.
2. Select an option for the Employee field
- This field will be used if ‘Send Email to Employee’ is selected as action.
3. Enter an email address in the Email Address field
- This field will be used if ‘Send Email to Email Address’ is selected as action
4. Set your Default Subsidiary
- Subsidiary is a required field when creating any of Customer, Prospect or Lead. Hence this field will be used when any of the above is used
5. Select the Default Number Format