Schedule a Message from the Conversation Window
Scheduling 1:1 messages is very easy to do from the conversations window.
Just click the Schedule button:
1. Select the sending Date from the calendar.
2. Choose the sending Time and click Ok to confirm.
3. Click the Schedule Message button, and you're done.
Scheduling Batch SMS
When sending Batch SMS, you can set the message as recurring so it automatically sends at repeated, predetermined intervals. Just like scheduling, after you've created your Batch SMS you can configure the recurring send from the Batch SMS sending page.
1. Click the Schedule button once you've constructed your message
You'll then be presented with the scheduling window:
2. Select the Recurring option.
3. Nominate your preferred Recurring Interval.
4. Choose the sending Start Date.
5. Now choose the sending Time
6. Click on Schedule Message to set the message recurrence.
Disable a Recurring Message
1. Log into NetSuite as an Administrator.
2. Navigate to MessageMedia SMS > Batch SMS > List Batch SMS.
3. Find the recurring job you want to disable and take note of the Internal ID number.
4. Now navigate to the MM - Recurring SMS Job record page using the search bar above the menu ribbon:
5. Toggle the Edit button to enable inline editing.
6. Locate the Recurring SMS Job you want to disable using the Internal ID number.
7. Under the Active column heading, click on the line item and uncheck the box:
8. Toggle the Edit button again to confirm the changes.
9. The Recurring SMS Job is now disabled.
Stuff to keep in mind...
- Messages will be sent based on the timezone related to the User's profile in NetSuite, not the timezone of the end recipient.
- The recurring Batch SMS feature can be used to send messages out daily/weekly/monthly to a saved search.
- Each iteration of the send will use the results of the saved search at the time scheduled so if you're scheduling credit card expiring reminders for the month, this will pull the data at the time.
- Recurring Batch SMS will run the first SMS immediately and “queue” them for sending at the designated time.
- This can’t be stopped or edited after saving. If you want the recurring to be stopped, you can edit the batch in the batch list and make it “inactive” before the next send.