Using the power of MessageMedia and HubSpot's platform, you can build SMS templates to save time when sending 1:1 communications to contacts in HubSpot.
It's easy to get started with templates:
- Login to your MessageMedia account to create and save templates
- Templates will automatically sync to your HubSpot account
- Access templates on HubSpot contact records
Step 1 - Creating Templates in MessageMedia
Login to your MessageMedia account to create and save templates.
Templates are an effective way to save time in constructing messages that you will send regularly, as well as maintaining consistency in your message content between broadcasts and users.
Note: Templates can only be created by Account Administrators or Advanced Users. If you only have Basic User permission but wish to create new templates, please speak to your account Administrator.
1. Name your template
2. Write your content.
3. You can add personalisation by clicking on the "Personlised Field" dropdown on the right. This will present a list of fields contained in the contact profile of saved contacts; however, you can add other variable fields to correspond with an imported database that you might use to send your message (be sure that the field names in your database match the field names in your template when doing this).
4. The preview on the right will show you how your message will present; however, unlike in a "new message" preview, the variable fields will not populate with data, since there is no contact data being associated with this template at this time.
Tips for HubSpot templates
- If you have templates saved in the web portal that include data fields (e.g. #firstname#) then this will be populated by the corresponding field in the HubSpot contact profile.
- If your templates in the web portal utilise any non-standard data fields (i.e. the "custom fields" in the contact profile), then these fields will not work in HubSpot as those fields do not exist in the HubSpot contact profile.
Step 2 - Saving and Editing Templates for HubSpot
When you are ready, click "Save" in the bottom right of the screen, and your template should then be visible in the Templates list. They will automatically save and sync to HubSpot.
Within MessageMedia's portal, you can edit a template at any time by clicking the ellipses next to the desired template in the list, and selecting Edit from the menu:
Step 3 - Use Templates in HubSpot
Once you have saved your template in MessageMedia, navigate to the contact record within HubSpot and click "Send SMS".
This will open the message window, and you can select your template from the drop-down list (#3).