If you're running any external platforms that still utilise the MessageMedia SOAP API or the M4UD APIs, then you may need to create Legacy API credentials in order to facilitate new processes and workflows via those integrations.
How to Create Legacy API Credentials in the Hub
Creating API credentials in the Hub is super simple, just select Settings from the main menu, then API settings. Now scroll down to the section labelled Legacy API Credentials and click on Create new key:
Next, you need to create a suitable Username and Password:
- Username - 5 or more lowercase characters only, without spaces or special characters.
- Password -
- We recommend the following format for Legacy API credentials:
- Lowercase username (5 to 6 characters in length)
- Do not use special characters
- Password should be alphanumeric and include uppercase letters (6 to 50 characters in length)
and click Create Key:
Once your API Credentials have been created, you will see this confirmation:
Your API key will then appear in the list. If you need to change the password for your API key, just click on the Edit button:
Deleting an API Key
Tick the box next to the key you wish to delete, and the Delete option will appear on the right:
Confirm this action in the next step to delete all selected API keys: