Short Trackable Links is a feature that automatically shortens any URL to just 22 characters, saving you valuable space in your SMS messages and helping you to keep costs down when sending web addresses in your messages.
1. To confirm if this feature is enabled on your account, go to the menu and click on the icon, then select Numbers & Channels.
2. Select the Settings tab.
3. Under the SMS heading, find where it says Short trackable links and you'll be able to see whether it's Enabled or Disabled:
|Note - if the feature is disabled, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to have it enabled - you can also click on the contact us link that appears below the feature status.
When this feature is enabled, any time you add a link to your message content, the message preview will show you that the link has been shortened:
You can take the Short Trackable Links feature one step further by requesting a custom URL:
Example of a standard short URL: https://nxt.to/1234567
Example of a custom short URL: https://cloud.to/1234567
Contact email@example.com to request custom links for your account.
Reporting on Link Activity
1. To review the interactions that recipients have had with your links, go to the menu and click on the icon, then select Campaign Reports.
2. Click on the name of the campaign you'd like to review.
3. From the campaign dashboard, just select the Link clicks tab and you'll see a list of the recipients and the number of times they've clicked on the link:
4. You can export a .csv of this data by clicking on the Export view / tab button.