Email to SMS allows you to send and receive SMS messages direct from/to your email. You can send to either individual numbers & contacts, or contact groups.
To send a message via Email to SMS you must have either:
- Your email address registered against an account, OR…
- Your company domain registered against an account
For instructions on how to register an email address or domain, read this article.
Steps to send an Email to SMS message to an individual number:
- Go to your email client e.g. Outlook
- Compose a new email
- Enter the SMS Mobile number, followed by @e2s.messagemedia.com (e.g. email@example.com)
- Add the content of your message to either the subject and/or body of the email
- Replies to the SMS will appear in both the email client inbox and also the Hub inbox
Sending to a contact group
When creating a new contact group, you have the option to assign an email to SMS alias:
In this example, you can send an SMS to this contact group by addressing your message to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
You can see the Email to SMS address for each contact group in the contact groups list (under Contacts > Contact groups) under the Group Email header:
If the "Group Email" field is blank, simply click on the three dots to the right of the group listing, select Edit, and add an alias.
Things to remember:
- Be sure to set up your SMS end tags if your email has an automatically generated signature or other additional text that you don’t wish to send in the SMS message (See the Email to SMS Settings article for more information on SMS end Tags)
- Even though you may delete your email signature, your email client may be configured to add privacy statements or similar disclaimers at the foot of every email
- It’s therefore beneficial to always use SMS end tags to prevent accidentally sending overly lengthy messages:
- Only subscribed recipients can receive messages from Email to SMS
- Sending to an unsubscribed contact will result in a send failure