Adding contacts makes it easier to not only send messages but also to track replies. In your inbox, messages received by your contacts will appear with the name of the contact as the sender, as opposed to just the mobile number. You can also add contacts to groups, making it easier to send bulk messages.
Creating Individual Contacts
1. In the menu, click on the icon, then select All Contacts.
2. Click on the New Contact button.
3. Input the required information:
A) First Name - the first name of the contact.
B) Last Name - the surname of the contact.
C) Mobile Phone (Required) - the contact's mobile number needs to be in the international format, and the country will default to the sending country nominated in the account holder's user profile.
D) Email - the email address of the contact.
E) Country - the country associated with the contact.
F) Location - the contact's location.
G) Date of Birth - the contact's date of birth.
H) Groups - select one or more Contact Groups - groups must be created prior to creating the contact.
I) Additional Information - provide additional information (if required):
- Unsubscribed & Subscribed - new contacts are subscribed by default, selecting Unsubscribed will prevent messages from being sent to this contact.
- Alias - used as an alternative name for your contact, as well as for Email to SMS
- Custom Fields (x3) - can be used if you have other relevant information on your contact that you wish to record or use in message personalisation.
|Note - You can use the Email and Location fields to store any information you like, as they are free text fields. This means that in essence, you could store up to five fields of custom information to use in message personalisation.|
4. Click Save and your contact will now appear in your All Contacts list, as well as in any Contact Groups you added them to.
Creating a Contact from the Inbox
If you're sending to a new number, you can easily add the recipient to your contacts by entering their details (including their subscription status) into the contact panel on the right and clicking Save: