The Link Preview feature allows you to set a title and image for links that will display on a handset when your SMS is delivered.
|Important - if you can't see the Links & Landing Pages button in the message builder, it means this feature isn't enabled on your account yet. To get this feature activated, you can submit a support request and our team will help you out.
How to Use Link Previews
Start by preparing your message as you normally would by adding the contacts and your message content. If you're unsure how to do this, you can check our Sending Messages article.
Don’t add your link to the message content - follow the steps below to configure your Link Preview.
1. Once the contacts and content have been added, tick the Links & Landing Pages button in the Message content field:
2. In the resulting modal, click the Link Preview tab.
3. Enter the full Link address (URL) that will be shortened - this is the destination URL you want the recipient to redirect to when the link is clicked.
4. Enter the Link preview title that will show for the link preview - for example, a company or website name.
5. Upload a Link preview image that will display in the link preview - this step is optional. If you do want to include a link preview image, it must be less than 300kb, and we recommend the size be 900px by 474px in .png, .jpg or .gif format.
6. Once you've entered these details, click the Add button and your link preview will appear as an attachment to your message:
7. Now you can send your message! Here's an example of what your message will look like:
|Message Example: with a Link Preview Image
|Message Example: without a Link Preview Image
|Note - displays may vary for each type of device depending on whether the operating system is iOS or Android.
8. If you need to remove the Link preview, just click on the cross next to the link name:
Things to Remember
Link Previews act differently depending on the device's operating system - so whether it is iOS or Android. For both devices, the Link Preview will only display if the following requirements are met: