How to create a pop-up form in the SMS Marketing Automation app
Creating a pop-up form in the MessageMedia App
Forms are used to display special offers to customers when they land on your site. Each form contains information about the offer, as well as a “Call to Action” (e.g. signing up to a mailing list). Forms are customisable in terms of the colour scheme, imagery, and content.
If you are accessing the App for the first time, you can access this function by clicking on “Create Form” in the Dashboard:
You will then be taken the form design wizard, containing three sections:
Designing your Form
Click on the Design Tab to access the Design editor, and complete the steps:
1. Choose your background colour by clicking in the box under "Background colour" and then selecting your preference from the colour palette:
2. Select a feature image to appear at the top of the form by clicking on the "Add Image" button and selecting a file from your device (optimal size for feature images is 100px high by 500px wide):
3. Optional - Choose a "Hero" image - this is a vertical image that will appear up the side of your form (optional size for hero image is 900px high by 600px wide):
4. Optional - choose a mobile background image. This is an image that will form the background of your form if someone is viewing it on a mobile (optional size for mobile background image is 900px high by 600px wide):
When adding a mobile background image, you should pay special attention to the way the image interacts with the colour of the text in the form. You may want to adjust the brightness and contrast of the image or you can adjust the text colour so that text stands out more clearly.
5. Choose your Heading Styles and Text Colours by repeating the same process as above: to choose colours, and choose the heading style (i.e. the font size) from the drop-down lists. The larger the number, the smaller the heading - e.g. Heading 1 is the largest heading text, while Heading 5 is the smallest:
4. Choose your Button colour and Button Text Colour using the same method as above
Customising your Form Content
Click on the “Content” Tab to access the content editor and complete the steps:
1. Enter your Heading Text and Subheading Text
2. Continue the process to enter your Button text
3. Enter your “Success” heading and subheading text
This is the notification that the customer will see when they successfully complete the form that appears when they click the button in this form
Editing your Form Settings
Click on the “Settings” Tab to access the Settings editor
This is where you choose where to display your form. You can choose to show it on all pages in your shop, or specific pages.
This is the amount of time you want to elapse between your customers landing on your site and the form being presented to them. You can choose to have the form appear immediately, or you can set a delay (shown in seconds)
This is where you choose your audience in terms of their geographical location. If your offer is not dependant on location, you can choose “All Countries.” If your offer has a location restriction (e.g. “Free Shipping in Australia”) then you can choose the specific countries in which to show the form
Here you can add a tag to each customer who completes the form, as well as customise the field titles for key data points:
Why add a tag?
Customer tags allow you to be more specific with your marketing SMS sends. For example, you can add a tag to identify customers as "new customers," and then use this tag to send a welcome SMS once they submit the form. For more information on how to do this, read this article.
Once you are happy with your form, click “Save and activate”