How to create an Abandoned Cart Recovery campaign
Abandoned cart recovery campaigns are an effective way of driving more sales from customers who have left items in their cart without checking out. You can add offers to custom messages or use a range of pre-filled templates to engage your customers and encourage them to complete their transactions.
Abandoned Cart notifications are sent as an SMS to customers who place items from your store in their cart but do not complete the checkout process before leaving the site, or within a specific time frame – after which you could assume they have abandoned their cart.
Access this function by clicking on Start recovering carts in the Dashboard:
Alternatively, you can click on “Abandoned cart recovery” in the left-hand menu
Then be taken to the Abandoned cart recovery dashboard where you will see the following:
- The amount of potential revenue ($) currently sitting in abandoned customer carts
- The amount of sales ($) that have been generated as a result of customers returning to abandoned carts and completing purchases
- The total cost of the SMS messages sent as part of your abandoned cart recovery campaign
- A list of pre-populated templates that you can use for your messages
- The stats relating to each message:
- Sent - the number of messages sent (accompanied by the cost of those messages)
- Sessions - the number of times a customer has tapped on the weblink in your message and returned to your store (accompanied by a percentage of sessions vs. messages)
- Orders - the number of purchases made by customers as a result of this campaign (accompanied by a percentage of purchases vs. messages)
- Sales - the value of completed transactions as a result of customers visiting your store from the weblink contained in your message
- ROI (Return on Investment) - the ratio of dollars spent on each campaign versus dollars made from sales, shown as a percentage (e.g. $10 spent vs. $100 earned would be 1000% ROI)
- Status - whether your campaign is Active or Inactive
To create a new notification, click on New Notification in the top right:
- Give your notification a name for easy future reference (this makes tracking performance in the dashboard much easier)
- You need to decide on the delay between the customer adding the last item to their cart and this message being sent. You can choose a delay to be either a number of hours, or a number of days.
- If you have any existing discount codes set up, you can select one here by clicking in the discount field and selecting the relevant code from the resulting list. If you add a discount code here, it will automatically apply to the customer's cart.
- Write the content of the message you want to send customers. You can add personalisation to your message (including the URL to their cart and the discount code). If you manually add the discount code instead of in the field above, the customer will need to enter this during checkout. The phone preview will update in real time as you write your message.
- When you are happy with your message and settings, you can either save this message as a draft, or publish right away.
Once you have saved or published your message, it will appear in the dashboard along with the other templates. New inactive messages will appear at the bottom of the list, and will move to the top when published: