JULY 2020 - PRODUCT UPDATE SUMMARY
The features below are included in the July product update, deployed on 9 July, 2020.
You can now specify:
1. The keywords you want to use for Opt-Out messages
2. The content of the automated opt-out message
3. The Unsubscribe link message
Specified Sending Hours
You can now customise Sending Hours (formally known as Socially aware sending) to prevent friction with your message recipients, caused by sending messages during unsociable hours. The setting can be found under Account > Account Settings:
We've made several changes to the Automation configuration process, to make the process easier and to provide users more control over the automations running on their accounts:
- Trigger your automations to only run between specific dates and times
- Trigger automations to run when a message Begins with or Does Not Contain a keyword or keywords (rather than just if the keyword is contained within a reply message)
- Create automations to trigger only when multiple conditions are met
- New configuration interface
Check out these articles for information on how to configure and use automations in the web portal:
- Overview of Automation actions and their settings
- Automation Templates Overview
- Understanding Automation Conditions
- How to create a multi-part automated conversation in the Web Portal
Unicode Alert in Message Box
When you're writing a message and add a Unicode/special character that does not automatically convert, an alert will appear underneath the message content box to alert you.
Read this article for more information on Unicode/Special characters and their impact on SMS character limits.
Partial Contact and Contact Group Selection
On the New Message page, when selecting recipients, you can now expand contact groups to select individual contacts within those groups when the group contains less than 100 contacts: