How to send a message to a single contact
You can send SMS messages to either the primary customer contact, or members of the customer contact list
Sending an SMS to the primary customer contact
The primary contact details are listed in the main Customer Information window:
Start by clicking the "SMS" button:
In the pop-up window, follow these steps:
Steps to send a message:
1) Select the contact number to which you want to send your message (you may have multiple numbers saved for the primary contact, e.g. a mobile and a landline).
2) If you have a pre-saved message template you wish to use, select it from the drop down menu here. Otherwise, leave this blank.
3) If you wish to add merge fields to your message (i.e. data saved in designated fields in the contact profile - e.g. billing address or account number), then select them from the drop down menu here as you type your message.
4) Compose your message.
5) Click the "Preview SMS" button to see how your message will appear (this is especially useful when adding merge fields to your message). You can also check the character and credit count for your message here.
6) If you wish to track the delivery of your message (this vital for reporting on sent messages) then tick this box
7) When you are ready to send, click "Send SMS"
Sending an SMS to contacts in the customer contact list
The customer contact list is visible at the bottom of the customer screen:
To send a message to one of these contacts, click on the contact name to bring up the contact information window.
In this window you will then see the same "SMS" button as that which appears in the main customer information screen:
SMS Credential prioritisation
When sending SMS via the API, SMS credentials are prioritised in the following order:
1. Individual credentials
2. Global credentials