- Sending & Receiving
- U.S Compliance & Best Practices
U.S Compliance & Best Practices
The following Best practices are standardized by SMS compliance (the Federal Communications Commission, the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association, and the Mobile Marketing Association
Outline your Services with transparency:
- Consumers should know exactly what they are signing up to receive.
Consider your Consent and Opt-In Mechanisms:
- Prioritize your Opt-In process before sending out messages.
- Consumers must consent clearly to all recurring messages. Providing a phone number during the sign-up process does not constitute an opt-in unless customer gives explicit consent
Honor and Acknowledge Opt-outs:
- Upon opt-in process, make it clear that opting out is always possible.
- ALWAYS include opt-out options. It is important to give consumers option to receive the messages.
- STOP, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, END or QUIT will trigger MessageMedia system to stop sending messages to the consumer.
- Periodically confirm the numbers with consumers that the number is theirs.
- Regularly review number list and delete contacts that have not replied in a while.
Do your research:
- Your industry might have additional regulations to the general SMS compliance rules.
- Be mindful that the content sent through message can be easily forwarded and copied.
MM Compliance & Best practices.docx