In this article:
- Information about two-factor authentication (2FA) to increase the security of your account
- How 2FA works
- Instructions on how to set up 2FA
Your communication within a messaging solution can often include private or sensitive information if a malicious actor somehow gained access to your credentials your communication channel could be at risk.
MessageMedia has a few security measures in place:
- We encourage strong passwords to be set when people create their accounts, change or reset their passwords.
- When we detect 6 repeated incorrect login attempt we lock the account to prevent brute-force attacks.
MessageMedia also offers two-factor authentication, adding another security layer to the login process, reducing the chances of your account getting hacked. Just knowing and entering your password is not enough since there is a second layer which is usually time-sensitive. This makes the process a whole lot more secure.
Two Factor Authentication is based on two categories of authentication data: something you know (i.e. your password) and something you have (i.e. your phone).
How it works:
- The MessageMedia team can turn on 2FA for your account. This security policy will be applied to your main account and any sub-accounts that are then created.
- When users attempt to log in, they will be prompted to enter their verification PIN which is sent to their registered mobile number as an SMS.
- The SMS verification PIN is sent from 'MsgMedia' and contains the code needed log in.
- Once the PIN is successfully entered, users are then logged in and are taken to the Dashboard.
Before turning on 2FA - what do you need to have:
All users on your account must have mobile numbers added to their user profile. To check, log in to the web portal and select your name on the top-right to go to your profile and ensure you have a mobile number added to your user profile.
Contact MessageMedia to switch on 2FA
The MessageMedia team can turn on 2FA for your account – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request it, or contact us on the numbers at the bottom of this page.
- 2FA authentication tokens are only valid for 1 hour.
- The most recently sent 2FA PIN must be entered.
- In the rare event a user tries to log in, but does not have a mobile number on their account, they must first contact MessageMedia Support to get their mobile number added to their profile.
- If users have any issues logging in, such as not receiving the PIN, contact our support team at email@example.com